Terms and Conditions
By joining the Safe Driving Rewards Programme, you agree to share your historic and ongoing fleet data collected by EROAD about your vehicles to NZI and Lumley for research and development purposes. Please carefully read the terms and conditions concerning your eligibility and the data sharing with NZI and Lumley before agreeing to join this programme.
- This Excess Waiver Promotion (the Promotion) is conducted by IAG New Zealand Limited (IAG), 1 Fanshawe Street, Auckland and EROAD Limited (EROAD), 260 Oteha Valley Road, Albany, Auckland.
- References to IAG include NZI/Lumley and any other IAG brand.
- Information on the Promotion and how to take up the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. By signing up to the Promotion, Customers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences on 1 June 2019 and Customers may enter the Promotion up until 5pm on 31 May 2025 (the Promotion Period).
The Promotion consists of an offer to waive the insurance claim excess where a customer makes a claim before (the 31 May 2026) and the following conditions are satisfied:
- the Customer’s vehicle is equipped with an EROAD EHUBO (electronic distance recorder); and
- the Customer is subscribed to an EROAD service plan that includes vehicle tracking (such as Metro, Premium or equivalent plan); and
- the Customer holds a current IAG insurance policy for commercial motor vehicles weighing over 3.5 tons; and
- the Customers vehicle must be a truck, trailer, or bus and weigh over 3,500kg Gross Vehicle Mass (CVM); and
- the Customer’s vehicle is involved in a driving loss covered by their IAG policy; and
- the Customer’s claim is lodged with 30 days of the date of claimable loss; and
- the Customer’s claim is accepted by IAG; and
- the Customer’s fleet is in the top 25% of EROAD customers for safe driving (determined by comparing driver performance of EROAD customers) for the calendar month preceding the date of the claimed loss; and
- at the time of the claim, the Customer provides a copy of the EROAD Leaderboard report and the EROAD Daily Activity Report confirming the Customer is within the top 25% of EROAD customers for the calendar month preceding the date of the claimed loss and the vehicle’s registration number.
To sign up to the Promotion the Customer’s Depot Administrator must complete and submit the form at www.safedrivingrewards.co.nz.
Following submission of the form the Customer will receive a welcome email confirming the Customer has signed up to the Promotion. For further information on how to sign up click here.
- The Customer agrees that the EROAD Fleet Data used to calculate the top 25% of EROAD customers and the manner in which the top 25% of EROAD customers is calculated is commercially sensitive to EROAD and EROAD will not provide detail of how the top 25% is calculated to individual customers.
- In addition to the conditions in clause 5 being satisfied, a Customer must have been an EROAD customer for a full calendar month (being a period beginning the first and ending on the last day of the month) prior to the date of a claimable loss to be eligible to have its excess waived.
- The Customer consents to IAG and EROAD publishing the names of the top ten Customers signed up to the Promotion.
- The Customer consents to IAG advising its insurance broker that it has signed up to the Promotion.
- EROAD and IAG each reserve the right to terminate or amend any aspect of this Promotion without notice at any time.
- EROAD and IAG and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in connection with the Promotion or withdrawal of the Promotion.
- The Customer consents to EROAD supplying the following Customer fleet¹ data to IAG:
(collectively the Data)
- the Customer’s name and Depot identification number;
- the Customer’s vehicles’ registration numbers;
- the RUC class of the Customer’s vehicles’;
- To withdraw from the Promotion before the End Date the Customer must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information and Data collected by EROAD and IAG during the course of this Promotion will be held securely and any personal information held subject to the Privacy Act 1993.
1 Definition of “Fleet” in this context is the group of vehicles associated with an Organisation in EROAD’s Depot Software under the EROAD Depot Name (Above)
Click here for FAQs