Terms and Conditions
By joining the Safe Driving Rewards Programme, you agree to share your historic and ongoing fleet data collected by EROAD about your vehicles to NZI and Lumley for research and development purposes. Please carefully read the terms and conditions concerning your eligibility and the data sharing with NZI and Lumley before agreeing to join this programme.
- This NZI and Lumley and EROAD Excess Waiver Promotion (the Promotion) is conducted by IAG New Zealand Limited (IAG), 1 Fanshawe Street, Auckland and EROAD Limited (EROAD), 260 Oteha Valley Road, Albany, Auckland.
- References to IAG include NZI and Lumley.
- Information on the Promotion and how to take up the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. By signing up to the Promotion, Customers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences 1 September 2015 and closes 30 November 2017 (the Promotion Period).
The Promotion consists of an offer to waive the insurance claim excess where a customer makes a claim before 30 January 2018 (the End Date) and the following conditions are satisfied:
- the Customer’s heavy vehicle is equipped with an EROAD ehubo (electronic distance recorder); and
- the Customer is subscribed to an EROAD service plan that includes vehicle tracking (such as Metro or Premium); and
- the Customer holds a current NZI or Lumley insurance policy for commercial motor vehicles weighing over 3.5 tons; and
- the Customer’s heavy vehicle1 is involved in a driving loss covered by their NZI or Lumley policy; and
- the Customer’s claim is lodged within 30 days of the date of claimable loss; and
- the Customer’s claim is accepted by NZI or Lumley; and
- the Customer’s fleet is in the top 25% of EROAD customers for safe driving (determined by comparing driver performance of EROAD customers) for the calendar month preceding the date of the claimed loss; and
- at the time of the claim, the Customer provides a copy of the EROAD Leaderboard report and the EROAD Daily Activity Report confirming the Customer is within the top 25% of EROAD customers for the calendar month preceding the date of the claimed loss and the vehicle’s registration number.
To sign up to the Promotion the Customer’s Depot Administrator must:
Following submission of the form the Customer will receive a welcome email confirming the Customer has signed up to the Promotion. For further information on how to sign up click here.
- log on to Depot and generate an API key; and
- use the API to complete and submit the form at www.safedrivingrewards.co.nz
- The Customer agrees that the EROAD Fleet Data used to calculate the top 25% of EROAD customers and the manner in which the top 25% of EROAD customers is calculated is commercially sensitive to EROAD and EROAD will not provide detail of how the top 25% is calculated to individual customers.
- In addition to the conditions in clause 5 being satisfied, a Customer must have been an EROAD customer for a full calendar month (being a period beginning the first and ending on the last day of the month) prior to the date of a claimable loss to be eligible to have its excess waived.
- The Customer consents to NZI and Lumley and EROAD publishing the names of the top ten Customers signed up to the Promotion.
- The Customer consents to NZI and Lumley advising its insurance broker that it has signed up to the Promotion.
- EROAD and IAG each reserve the right to terminate or amend any aspect of this Promotion without notice at any time.
- EROAD and IAG and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in connection with the Promotion or withdrawal of the Promotion.
- The Customer consents to EROAD supplying the following Customer fleet2 data to IAG:
- the Customer’s name and Depot identification number;
- the Customer’s drivers’ identity/identification number;
- the Customer’s vehicles’ registration numbers;
- the RUC class of the Customer’s vehicles’;
- the distance that each of the Customer’s vehicles travelled each day or by segments;
- the number of harsh braking or acceleration incidents for each of the Customer’s vehicles by time period or segments;
- the speed of each Customer’s vehicle for each day or by segments
- The Data provided to IAG NZ will consist of the historic fleet Data for up to three (3) years prior to the Customer signing up to the Promotion and the Data collected until the End Date.
- By entering into this Promotion, the Customer grants to IAG a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the Data for the Promotion and the purposes outlined in clause 16 below.
- IAG will use the Data for the following research and development purposes only: carrying out analysis, research and development of the Data to better understand the insurance risk of motor vehicles in order to create, enhance or provide insurance products. IAG confirms that the Data will not be used for the individual setting of renewal terms of Customers participating in the Promotion but may be used to support Customers’ driver training.
IAG will receive the Data from EROAD until the earlier of:
- the End Date; or
- the Customer’s withdrawal from the Promotion.
- To withdraw from the Promotion before the End Date the Customer must email email@example.com and disable the API.
- At the conclusion of the Promotion or withdrawal by the Customer, EROAD will cease providing the Data to NZI and Lumley, however the Data already provided may be retained by IAG.
- Information and Data collected by EROAD and IAG during the course of this Promotion will be held securely and any personal information held subject to the Privacy Act 1993.
- The Customer must ensure that its drivers are made aware of the Data that is being collected, the purpose for which it will be used, and that it will be provided to IAG. Despite any terms to the contrary contained in the EROAD Terms and Conditions, by agreeing to these Promotion Terms and Conditions, the Customer expressly consents to EROAD sharing the Data with IAG, and IAG holding and using the Data for the purposes of research and development purposes as detailed at clause 16 and for this Promotion.
1 Heavy Vehicle is defined as a vehicle with a manufacturer’s gross laden weight of over 3.5 tonnes
2 Definition of “Fleet” in this context is the group of vehicles associated with an Organisation in EROAD’s Depot Software under the EROAD Depot Name
Click here for FAQs